Wednesday, December 12, 2007

How to screw up a perfect weekend...

"Weekend without movies is weekend in HELL"

The above saying is by me and for me :). Being a heavy movie watcher(mostly in my PC), its really like in hell, if my PC turns a pale face on me!. Last weekend got totally screwed up...well the reason for that is partly me and mostly my computer guy.

My system wasn't working on Saturday. Didn't know what was wrong. When i booted it, it was beeping. So i thought i would better call a guy i know. He told he will be coming on Sunday. So i thought i would let go Saturday. I called him up at 10 a.m on Sunday. He said he will be there in 30 mins. From then on it was a real bad day for me. He did not turn up till 11.30, so i called him up again. He said he is on the bus. but did not turn up till 12.30. called him up again at 1pm. He said he was having lunch in vadapalani and will be coming in 15 mins. It was a sigh of a relief...but he din turn up till 2.30. I got really frustrated. But it wasn't all that. That moron didn't even pick my call after that. I tried calling him for 1 hr without any success. I wanted to call him and say "never think about touching my PC again" but he didn't give that chance either.

It finally made me think, lets fix this! it ain't a big deal. I opened it up. Removed the whole SMPS(coz i thought it was what screwing up my day) and fixed my old SMPS. As i expected..it did not work even now...and better it din even boot properly!! and beeped more vigorously.

I now had to put my new SNMP back. Then i noticed one thing...2 weeks back i thought of fixing my Writer, and tried connecting it. But the thing is the cabinet fan wire was being tied to the remaining set of power sockets. I had to untie them..in the process i forgot to connect the fan back. The more worse part is, i did not take the writer to the service guy too...

Since i figured that out...i connected the fan back and fixed all the stuffs back...and booted the system....

viola....it booted after being dumb for more than a day! it was already 4pm...my weekend was almost over.....and it had booted few times in the past (after it got hung and i rung the guy) and may hang again in 10 mins or so...

So i thought "rather stare at the PC, see a movie"... i saw sicko and nanny diaries back to back and my PC was stable as a ROCK...in the end, i saved 200 bucks...

If i had done this on Saturday itself...weekend would have been lot better....but i wouldn't have watched Yuvraj, Ganguly and Pathan bashing :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time make sure Friday night before you sleep that your pc is working fine :P

atomicarena said...

So it took a whole day for you to realize that u are dumb...

Wooohahahhahahaaaa !!!!

:P

Sridhar said...

nah! almost the whole weekend!! :(
anyways..if it had been u, u wud never got it fixed urself :P :P...tat makes u dumber than me :P

Unknown said...

this was something known abt u......never ever wil u do a thing on time.
Hope u get a girl on time. and not end up spoiling the rest of ur weekends like this one.